Week 1A: Template Theme


    Decision making is one of the hardest things for me to do. Do I want pasta for dinner or sushi? Both choices sound pretty tasty right now, so how can I decide?  I can be a very indecisive person when given a variety of options to choose from. Choosing a template theme for my blog was no different. Where do I begin? How do I choose something that is uniquely me when there are premade templates for everyone?

    I actually went through a whole process before choosing my blog template theme. I know you’re thinking it’s not that serious – right? Well I wanted to make sure the template spoke to who I am as a person and I could vibe with the colors. First, I came up with what I felt like would represent me as an individual. I wanted something neat with a little bit of spunk. Not too much to overwhelm my viewers. Next, I wanted something with color; not too plain, but not too bold. Lastly, I clicked on a few choices to preview and finally chose one that spoke to me.

   I ended up choosing this template with the leaves and the pop of pink color. It met my whole criteria. I love the outdoors and think plants are beautiful. The vibrancy of the colors reminded me of myself. This template was clean, neat, and not too busy that it would distract my audience from what I’m trying to say. Although there were a lot a great choices, this template called out to me once I saw it in the preview and I am happy with the decision I made.

Comments

  1. Your choice was fantastic, this template is very beautiful! Looking at it, and this template doesn't take away from what you are trying to say. It gives it that extra pop! Well Done! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sasha,

      Wonderful theme and great explanation!

      I was especially fond of your use of italics and bold throughout the text. If your writing didn't have enough personal pizzaz as it was, the editing sure brought it out of the page for you. Sounds like you made a well-paced, thoughtful decision – not so calculated that you were removed, and not so impulsive that it wasn't carefully planned. I agree, the vibrancy, simplicity, and readability make for a smooth experience as a reader.

      Keep it up!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sahsa!
    I love the template that you picked! It really stands out when you open to this page, the colors and the top photo really pops! I also liked how you choose to use bold text which really helps the reader in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 - Part 1: Social Media Platforms

Week 4: Aesthetics, Design, and Branding